We pride ourselves on the quality of our Caregivers, but we also know every family’s needs are different. Here are some suggested interview questions to help you identify the right Caregiver for you!
Ask about past experience/certifications
- Tell me about your last job as a Caregiver:
* Hours worked?
* Condition of patient?
* Personality of patient?
- Tell me about your most challenging experience as a Caregiver
* How did you overcome it?
- Do you have any certifications or licenses related to being a Caregiver?
Tip 💡: We recommend to ask them to bring physical proof of their license(s) to the interview
Ask about their choice to become a Caregiver
- Why did you decide to become a Caregiver?
- What makes you a great caregiver?
- Have you ever had to take care of a sick family member or good friend?
* If so, please tell me about it.
Ask about their work preferences
- Describe your ideal Caregiver job
- How do you like to receive feedback?
- Do you have any flexibility?
* Would you ever want more hours?
- Provide the caregiver clear expectations of the tasks you expect them to perform on a daily basis and how you will be evaluating their performance.
* Ask if they are comfortable this this
Things to think about:
- Make sure that the caregiver’s character and personality will be compatible with your family. Compatibility is critical for a healthy working relationship.
- Ask for references and make sure to call them to check on their experience with the caregiver. Trust is everything.
Tip 💡: We recommend 2 references
ℹ️ If you are still having trouble or have any other questions, please send us an email at email@example.com with a detailed description of your issue and we will get back to you as soon as possible.