We want your CareLinx experience to go beyond just finding a caregiver! Here are some quick tips and reminders before you have your caregiver start their first shift:
- You're officially a legal household employer!
(CareLinx is NOT the employer, but has employer features and resources for you!)
- As your caregiver's employer, you do have employer tax obligations
(Employers are required to provide a W-2 for caregivers w/ wages over $2,000)
- You have 2 days to review each invoice after your caregiver submits a timesheet
(If you don't review it then, it will automatically be approved & processed)
- Caregiver payments are made only via direct deposit after approval
(Paying CareLinx caregivers directly via cash, check, etc, is NOT permitted)
- Communicate with your caregiver the expectations and goals you want them to meet so you two can establish a solid relationship
(This starts with the first shift! Clearly state exact start date, location, etc)
- Verify your caregiver agrees to your hire and your hire details are accurate
- (Care location, contact numbers, schedule, and wage rate)
- Determine how often you want your caregiver to submit their timesheets
(Most caregivers submit their timesheets weekly)
- Get familiar w/ our employer features and systems to set you up for success
(Learn more about setting up next shifts, CarePlan, and employer insurance)
*️⃣ We will request you to have your caregiver submit their timesheet right after their first shift. Then you'll be able to approve their timesheet. Therefore you can understand the payment process and test it for future transactions. After that, your caregiver may submit it as often you two would like.
Our main priority is that you're safely employing a caregiver that will able to meet your needs. We look forward to maintaining a solid relationship with you and your caregiver, so you can rely on CareLinx to help you through your caregiver journey.
ℹ️ If you are still having trouble or have any other questions, please send us an email at email@example.com with a detailed description of your issue and we will get back to you as soon as possible.