We want your CareLinx experience to go beyond just finding a caregiver! Here are some quick tips and reminders before you have your caregiver start their first shift:
- Confirm your caregiver is aware of the hire and job details.
Care location, contact numbers, schedule, and wage rate.
- Set expectations and goals for your caregiver to meet.
This starts with the first shift! Clearly state exact start date, location, etc..
- Discuss how frequently your caregiver should submit their timesheets.
Most CareLinx caregivers submit their timesheets weekly, but it's up to you two!
- Get familiar with our employer features and benefits.
Learn more about setting up next shifts, CarePlan, and employer insurance.
- You're officially a legal household employer.
CareLinx is NOT the employer, but has employer features and resources for you!
- As a caregiver employer, you may have employer tax obligations.
Employers are required to provide a W-2 for caregivers who receive over $2000 in wages for the year, so enrolling in HWS will serve as a great benefit!
- Make safe & secure caregiver payments only via direct deposit.
Paying your caregiver directly via cash, check, etc., is NOT permitted.
- You have 2 days to review your invoices.
If you don't review it then, it will automatically be approved & processed.
➡️ As part of a standard CareLinx procedure, we request all newly hired families to have their caregiver submit their first timesheet after the first shift is complete. This way our new families can get familiar with our payroll process by approving their first invoice. This process will also help guarantee smooth transactions, and will help ensure their caregivers get paid on time in the future. Afterwards, you and your caregiver may then return to your agreed frequency of pay (weekly, bi-weekly, etc.).
ℹ️ If you are still having trouble or have any other questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of your issue and we will get back to you as soon as possible.