Your safety is our priority! Every caregiver hired on the CareLinx platform is required to undergo an extensive background check before working for you. Below are details that will help answer potential questions you may have about this requirement.
- What does the certified background check cover?
- How do I check if a caregiver has a passed background check?
- How long does it take for a caregivers' background check to be completed?
- What if a caregiver has an expired background check?
- How do I get a copy of my caregiver’s background check?
A passed background check will allow us to provide you coverage for you and your caregiver through our liability and bonding insurance plans. For additional safety, caregivers must pass an annual check to continue working with our families.
What does the certified background check cover?
You can take comfort in knowing all caregivers hired through CareLinx must pass our multi-point background check which searches for:
- Social Security Number Trace
- Multi-Jurisdiction County Criminal Court Search
- Multi-Jurisdiction Federal Criminal Court Search
- Nationwide Criminal Database Search
- Nationwide Sex Offender Search
How do I check if a caregiver has a passed background check?
You will see these two images to see if a caregiver passed a background check:
- While browsing a list of caregivers
- After clicking on a caregiver's profile, under "Caregiving Services"
How long does it take for a caregivers' background check to be completed?
Caregivers must submit their background check on their own in order to initiate the approval process. It can take up to 3-7 business days to find out if a caregiver has passed or not. If you want to hire a caregiver who doesn't have their results yet, we can expedite the process in order for the both of you to get the results asap.
What if a caregiver has an expired background check?
You may ask us if your caregiver of interest has a valid year-to-date background check. If their passed background check is over a year old, we will get their permission to re-run their background check at no cost. Please keep in mind that some caregivers shown may not have completed a background check. Feel free to schedule phone interviews with any caregiver, but please make sure we have them pass a background check prior to having them start work for you.
How do I get a copy of my caregiver’s background check?
We cannot give anyone a copy of a caregiver's background check. If you would like a copy of the background check, you can request a copy directly from the caregiver. They would need to contact the background check company for a copy.
ℹ️ If you are still having trouble or have any other questions, please send us an email at email@example.com with a detailed description of your issue and we will get back to you as soon as possible.